Transforms initial conceptual/schematic designs using AutoCAD into working construction documents and able to review drawings to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: The CAD Specialist reports to the Director of Projects and can report to the Project Coordinator and Project Manager – Design on project related issues. Various levels of the Design and Architecture team can take direction from the Creative Director and the Director of Design Operations on project related issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs routine drafting and technical tasks as required throughout the project duration.
- Participates in the preparation of schematic design, design development, bidding/negotiation/tender documentation, construction documentation and any additional drawing.
- Maintains quality standards, format special requirements, etc. as mandated by office production standards.
- Ability to perform architecturally, draw plans and merge competing priorities (external/internal) to accomplish specific goals.
- Develop complete sheet drawings within a set of working drawings with all necessary details.
- Document material specifications and support standardization/archiving of drawings.
- Coordinate working drawing information with related outsourcers, consultants and vendors.
OTHER IMPORTANT DUTIES:
- Responsible for accuracy, meeting deadlines and working closely with the design team.
- Knowledge of all codes to ensure working drawing compliance with applicable ADA and building codes.
- Perform jobsite visits, if necessary, to monitor the accuracy of the working drawings with actual design/construction.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must possess the ability to move from concept to finished documentation independently.
- Must be proficient on AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the commercial office, retail or hospitality industries.
- Knowledge of hospitality industry trends that may influence design scheme.
- Knowledge of any/all required regional standards and codes for both production and building as they pertain to design phase work.
- Specialized experience in Commercial Office, Retail, and/or Hospitality/Restaurant projects.
- Knowledge of public safety and security issues and regulations.
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines consistently.
- Ability to take direction and perform efficiently in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and take initiative.
- Professional, ethical and committed to excellence in communications.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with other co-workers and/or departments within the organization.
- Strong ability to resolve issues utilizing sound judgment and reasoning skills.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Ability to employ creative and innovative thought processes and apply them to constructability of design documents.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and software literate in standard Windows programs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of 2-4 years of interior and/or architectural drafting/design experience within the hospitality, commercial or retail industries. Hospitality experience highly desirable. Requires a high level of proficiency with AutoCAD.