Direct planning, organizing and monitoring of project activities to ensure that service and services are consistent with the client program and office standards. Act as focal point for all communication on project and ensure that the services are delivered within the established scope, budget and schedule. The Senior Project Manager is expected to perform at an advanced level as a result of extensive training and/or experience.
The Senior Project Manager reports to the EVP, Design & Architecture. Various levels of the Design and Architecture allocated staff or outsource entity can report to the Senior Project Manager – Design on project related issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and/or develop interior design and architectural concepts for projects relative to client program, budget, and other criteria.
- Develop in conjunction with other allocated staff project goals, schedule, deliverables and internal hours/budget.
- Initiate and/or develop design intent for projects with various internal disciplines including, architecture, interiors, construction group project management services, procurement, FF&E suppliers, and outside consultants to ensure projects conform to brand standards and budgets.
- Distribute and maintain project related information inclusive of operator and or brand standards, owner criteria, property improvement plans, project schedules, budgets, and staff responsibility differentiation.
- Monitor and determine project phasing with client sign-off and notify allocated project staff , executive staff, and the accounting group as phase transitions occur by means of E-mail and other written direction, project time sheets, meetings, video and tele-conferencing.
- Regularly review contract documentation, shop drawings and participate in contract administration to ensure design intent., timely response to contractor or consultant requests, create and maintain all correspondence files and project logs and supplemental drawing distributions.
- Develop and maintain a positive relationship and open channels of communication with client, internal staff, contractor, outside consultants, public agencies regarding the project, project deliverables, and applicable internal firm standards, practices and policies.
- Initiate client meetings and draft/publish and distribute meeting minutes to all involved parties.
- Initiate and coordinate meetings, design reviews and redline reviews with internally allocated staff.
- Establish and maintain project contact database in MS Outlook and any pertinent points of contact and ensure distribution to applicable staff.
- Allocate design fees and hours by phase/task/person for all design staff for the duration of the project prior to project start up.
- In conjunction with the hours allocation for the project, draft fee proposals for review by the EVP, Design & Architecture. Draft Agreement for project based upon the executed proposal and submit to the EVP, Design & Architecture.
- Maintain overall staff utilization and labor budget throughout the course of the project.
- Coordinate client invoicing with Accounting staff.
- Prepare proposal requests, contracts, initiate and administer contractor/consultant bidding and negotiation, and develops and submits supplemental services requests for all applicable project disciplines .
- Coordinate work with outside consultants with that of interior design, architecture, and other internal or in-house disciplines on multiple projects.
- Review time expended on projects in updated weekly reports as well as maintain and communicate allocated time constraints to all project members.
- Act as a mentor for the design staff and direct education regarding office standards, practices and polices.
- Monitor adherence to project scope and provide notice to client and other applicable parties of adjustments, alterations or enlargements of the project scope, and submit requests for supplemental services as applicable.
OTHER IMPORTANT DUTIES:
- Assist Project Leadership Team in the selection of team members through informal means and formally through the RASP (Resource Allocation and Staffing Projection Process).
- Participate in maintaining relationships with existing clients and cultivate relationships with potential new clients.
- Participate in the establishment and maintenance of design standards for the firm.
- Keep abreast of new hospitality industry trends that may influence design or documentation scheme or process.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong background in architecture, interiors and construction inclusive of a comprehensive and working knowledge of drawing, specification and FF&E development.
- Ability to interpret architectural, interiors and applicable consultant drawings.
- Strong multi-project management, organizational and planning skills.
- Proficient in review and processing of submittals, RFI’s and RFP’s.
- Must be proficient on the current version of AutoCAD, and implementation of new software features and capabilities.
- Knowledge of any/all required regional standards, ADA and codes for both production and building as they pertain to design phase work.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the commercial office, retail or hospitality industries.
- Knowledge of hospitality industry trends that may influence design scheme.
- Keen financial aptitude and the ability to work within budget constraints
- Knowledge of public safety and security issues and regulations.
- Ability to exercise and employ effective leadership skills and influence others across functions; builds support and engagement.
- Ability to effectively train and motivate other staff members.
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines consistently.
- Ability to perform efficiently in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and take initiative.
- Professional, ethical and committed to excellence in communications.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with other co-workers and/or departments within the organization.
- Strong ability to resolve issues utilizing sound judgment and reasoning skills.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Ability to employ creative and innovative thought processes and apply them to constructability of design documents.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, Adobe Acrobat and software literate in standard Windows programs.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
A minimum of 8-10 years experience in Project Coordination, Management, Design and Construction Administration. Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design required. Architectural licensure or post professional certification in Interior Design required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.